Thursday 21 February 2013

Finishing Touches

My video never happened. It wasn't for want of trying. I had a really good idea for it and was working on it. I even learnt how to animate in Photoshop but for some reason, my video editing software was having none of it and I after I had spent a fair amount of time putting it all together . . . it refused to publish. I don't think it liked me using Photoshop to make the animations so I don't think I'll be doing that again. I did however have some montages that I was really happy with.

After we had out final reviews, I started altering and improving stuff for portfolio. The main thing bought up in my review was that I needed to either integrate my precedents into my design work or refer back to them. This made more sense and made my project flow better I think. 

It was also suggested that I made my site plans clearer by indicating which part of the site was below ground and which was above so that it was easier to read. This was simple enough to do. 

As well as Photoshopping all my technical drawings, I made a third detail drawing showing how I would deal with the regular flooding on the site - shutting the building down completely while the waters were at a dangerous level as most of the site, if not all of it, would be underwater. I seal the building off by using shutters over the folding doors of the main club space and the doors of the changing rooms and conference centre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment