Friday 18 January 2013

Getting There

Last week, I said no more AutoCAD . . . . . . I spent 12 hours on it yesterday and another good couple today. Not to mention the time early in the week.

But, I think I am almost done. I have now finished my plans and added all the details in the way of furniture etc. All that is left to do is make them look pretty in Photoshop. I have also made a lot of progress on my SketchUp model which means I will be able to start animating that for my video. That will probably be done tomorrow. 

Tuesday saw us all back in studio and we had one on one tutorial. As I had more or less completed my tech drawings by then, I was able to get some feedback on them and how I could improve them. If I learnt anything on Tuesday, it was that circulation space is a waste of space. Yes, it is needed but it can be compressed in order to make the most of space and, essentially, save money. Don't put doors where they aren't needed either. So baring these points in mind, I rearranged the changing rooms and conference centre in order to create more space and to get rid of unnecessary circulation space. It was something that hadn't occurred to me but when mentioned, made a lot of sense.

As well as my video, the only thing I really need to finish and check of my list are the vertical circulation, the video and then getting everything in a presentable format. 

No comments:

Post a Comment