Friday 11 January 2013

No More AutoCAD!

Having spent the best part of last week working on my drawings, I can't bear to spend another minute on AutoCAD. I have more or less finished my plans, sections and 1 out of 2 of my elevations (the first one taking my longer than the first two Lord of the Rings. Extended edition). Despite nearly loosing the will to live, I am really pleased with them so far. Actually drawing the plan has let me see exactly the size of everything and has allowed me to see whether the rooms are too big or small etc. I realised that I didn't have to add an extra space for the storage as I could just put it in the space I had for the kitchen, thus making that slightly smaller. Doing this neatens up my building as well as I don't have extra rooms added onto the main building - it is now more or less rectangular. 

Whilst playing around with my SketchUp model, I went in to Walk mode to get an idea what it would be like to actually be on my site and how you would move around it. It was then I realised that it wasn't as easy to go to the meeting rooms as it should be. It involved going down stairs then back up stairs only to go down stairs again. Or to go a really long way around. To remove this problem, I changed the layout slightly by creating a landing on the main staircase so that it was level with part of the site. I also changed the stairs inside the building to match. 

Before

After

I have started my video and by doing so, I have begun to learn how to use the animation tools on Photoshop. I currently have 7 seconds out of a maximum 2 minutes but it's getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment